FoundryVTT Dev Template
A downloadable project
FoundryVTT Module/System Development Template
This is a development template for FoundryVTT packages.
- Semi-automated `manifest.json`
- Manifest.json is populated with data set in `foundryvtt.config.js`.
- Simplified pushing to github
- includes tools for pushing the "dist/" folder to github.com
- Webpack compilation
- Automatic Symlink Creation
- Automatically creates a symlink to the "FoundryVTT/Data" folder with your package.
- Hot Module Replacement
- When in watch mode, CSS & HTML updates live when you save
You can install template by cloning this repository
git clone https://github.com/hitcherland/foundryvtt-dev-template.git . cd foundryvtt-dev-template npm install
You can build your package with either
npm run build
or, for production
npm run build-prod
Files will appear in "dist/"
Live Development Server
You can make use of the hot module replacement by running a FoundryVTT instance locally and running
npm run watch
You can then use http://localhost:8080 to see many of your development changes live.
- You'll have to restart your `npm run watch` call if you add new files.
Make sure you update the `version` setting in `foundryvtt.config.js` appropriately. Then, run
npm run release
Which will publish a tagged version of your production build to your github repo.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.